Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year.

I had been working during the national holidays from 2010 to 2011... As you know, a hotel doesn't stop its work. So I worked for them. um...  Not for them. For serving our guests!

It was snowy and stormy between the end of 2010 and the start of 2011. Many guests lost their destination because of these weather conditions. There were so many changes on schedules and we helped their extension of stay and cancellation of stay as long as we could.

Usually, a hotel such like a business type is not so busy during these seasons. However, it was sadistically different from usual days. We got tons of FAX and phone call from agents to change their customer's schedules and new bookings. Especially, it was terrible for South Korea. All flights were cancelled, all ships are cancelled, and all Japanese  Highways are closed due to snow. So they perfectly lost their destination.

Fortunately, we had some available rooms, we could accept their requests and also we could get extra income.

Now I'm studying about room control and revenue control as a night manager.
It is very difficult but fun.

I have a dream.

Whether I will get a new job as a regular employee at other industry or not, I will master all night manager skills by the end of this March.

I'll try!!

Bye.

No comments: